Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Etsy Everywhere

If you haven't checked out the website Etsy yet, you don't know what your missing. But you should! It's a place that sells all things handmade, and the makers of the goods are the ones selling directly to you. Each artist sets their own prices, which are usually far below retail, and you get a deal on photography, art, jewelry, clothes, handbags, dishware..... (the list goes on and on.)

My Etsy store, TomorrowGirl is full of original art and one-of-a-kind penny necklaces. The necklace idea started after a visit the Dixieland Stampede (Dolly Parton'sBranson, Missori) where I got my first souvenir penny. The penny sat around for a year until I decided to give it a purpose and refashioned it into a necklace. After being asked where I got it by too many people to count I decided to start making more. In the next few weeks you'll see penny bracelets starting to appear in my shop as well!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Gorgeous! Love the asthetic of the worn copper with the bright and shiny silver. I'll be revisiting your shop soon in hopes of finding my own perfect penny! Just think, soon you'll be able to fund travel to find penny presses around the world...
Thank you for the feeback on my blog as well!